In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Covenant Christian School has issued an addendum to our Parent/Student Handbook. The COVID-19 Addendum details policies and procedures that will be used for the 2020-2021 year to ensure the health and safety of all of our students and staff. A list of the contents is below, or you may use the link to read the entire document.
- Students will have their temperature checked daily during carpool and must have a temperature of 99 or below for their parents to leave and the child admitted into the building. Temperature will be taken by infrared thermometer and, if needed, confirmed by oral thermometer.
- CCS will utilize Hand Sanitizer Stations, foggers, Lysol Disinfecting Wipes/Spray, and a hydrogen peroxide machine in addition to regular cleaning to properly sanitize and disinfect the school. Sanitization of critical common areas will occur daily along with ongoing spot cleaning.
- Students and faculty will wash their hands frequently throughout the day to minimize the spread of germ, with emphasis on key risk points, such as pre- lunch or snacks and post PE
- There will be safety procedures involving classroom set-up, visiting specials classes, especially music, and large gatherings such as lunch, chapel, and recess.
- Parents and outside visitors will have limited access to the school and will be temperature checked in the main office in accordance with the same guidelines applicable to students.
- CCS will introduce our new online platform “Covenant at Home” for in-person and virtual instruction through Google Classroom and FACTS SIS.
- Rigorous policies including sending home or refusing entry to anyone: (1) who has a temperature of 100+, (2) who has had known contact with anyone who has COVID-19, or (3) is showing signs of illness.
- Parents are required to sign the acknowledgement form at the end of this addendum indicating they understand and agree to all the terms listed prior to the start of school.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Nathan Jordan or call the front office. By working together we can provide a safe environment for our faculty, staff, students, and their families. Thank you for your support.