WE ARE THE DIFFERENCE
Established in 1975, Covenant Christian School is committed to partnering with Christian families in the nurturing and education of their children by providing a stimulating academic program in a distinctly Christ-centered environment.
We believe that the essential tools for learning need to be given to children early in their development so that a life-long love for learning will be the result. At CCS students are taught the benefits of hard work but are also challenged to apply what they learn through opportunities designed to strengthen mind and heart. CCS fulfills this vision for our students in the following ways:
• Biblically based, reformed education
• Classical teaching method
• Passionate educators
• Small class sizes
• Challenging curriculum
The Classical Teaching Method is a distinctive approach structured in three traditional stages: Grammar, Dialectic and Rhetoric, or the “Trivium”. No matter how your child learns, he or she goes through these three phases. The classical method follows the philosophy that students should be encouraged to do what they naturally enjoy during these phases of their life. This parallels God’s biblical trivium of knowledge, understanding and wisdom, which reflect the way God made us to learn while integrating subjects like literature, history, language, art, math, science, and Bible. Students taught in this method develop a true sense of accomplishment and self-worth. By holding students to an objective standard, they gain a true understanding of their abilities. Learning should be a joyful endeavor and one that presents a challenge.
At Covenant, we believe that for education to be truly effective, it must cultivate thinking and teach students to articulate who they are and to develop facts into arguments and convey those arguments clearly and persuasively. Come visit our campus and learn how WE ARE THE DIFFERENCE.
Excerpts from “A Lasting Decision-Overview of Classical Education” by Ambrose Media; ambrosemediastore.com; Copyright 2014 The Ambrose Group
Mission and Culture
We are shaping the future and making disciples through Christ-centered, classical and reformed education.
We are cultivating Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in an atmosphere of Joy, Respect and Order.
Statement of Faith
Covenant Christian School is committed to the historical Christian faith as summarized in the creeds and confessions from the Protestant Reformation, in particular, the Westminster Confession of Faith.
The school holds to the central doctrines of Protestant Christianity, namely that:
- The Bible is the infallible, inspired Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Man is totally depraved and must experience the new birth in order to be saved from sin.
- Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God, was born of a virgin, was crucified on the cross, rose bodily from the grave, and ascended into heaven.
- Jesus Christ will personally return to this earth in power and glory.
- Jesus Christ, by His shed blood on the cross, made atonement for believers’ sins.
- The saved will be resurrected into everlasting life, and the unsaved will perish in an eternal hell.